Saturday, December 27, 2008

thank God it's Saturday....

Good Morning.

It's 9:00 am finally. Ayden is tearing up the house already. He's been up since 7 am. I tried to get him to go back to sleep, but he's 14 months old and he decided that he was not going back to sleep and neither was I. So I've fed him breakfast, eaten my own breakfast,done some laundry, read two chapters in my relaxation book, cleaned the kitchen, played with him and his toys and gotten the fuzz balls off of my son's fleece jacket with one of those shaver things. So far it's been a progressive morning.

Now that it's 9, Ayden's almost ready for his nap. I'm wondering what I should do during his nap. I keep telling myself I need to work out, but that can wait right... Probably not, but it will. I need to research the INET to find a book study for "The Catcher In the Rye." That's the book that Amber's going to read next for school. Did I mention that we are homeschoolers?

Amber's in 7th grade, but reading at a ninth to tenth grade level so I'm thinking she should do fine with that book. We were in a co-op reading class, but the book selection left little to be desired for a kid that doesn't care for science fiction/fantasy genre. So now we're left to do the book studies on our own again. I'm hoping when we move we'll find a group of people that would like to do some co-op classes. Did I mention that we're in the military?

We're in the Air Force. We move every three years and we're gearing up to move again. It's been three short years here in sunny California. We love the weather, we love the base, (sort of) and we love the people that we've met here. I'm sure we'll love Japan too. I'm thrilled. We're PCS'ing (that's military speak for permanent change of station, but used as a verb) to Okinawa in May of '08. Exciting huh? We've lived all over the U.S. and we've spent three years in England. That is a story in itself that I'll tell later. Now we're off to Asia.

As a result of our up and coming move to Japan I am adding a Japanese language study to our course load for the next 4 months. The kids are less than thrilled as usual. They hate when I add to their already demanding schedule. Actually I've cut back this year, but they don't realize that. I think that once we arrive in Japan the kids will appreciate my efforts. Hopefully they will arrive in Japan with enough understanding of the language to be able to ask simple questions and understand simple answers. I mean, wouldn't it be helpful to know how to ask, "where is the bathroom?" in Japanese when in Japan?

As I predicted, Ayden was ready for his nap. He is upstairs in his crib at the moment, so I'm going to cut this short! I have some searching to do and some cleaning to get finished.I hope this blog finds you all enjoying the day and thanking God for all His blessings!

G

No comments:

Post a Comment